RN to BSN Admission
Admission to the RN to BSN option requires that the following university and College of Nursing requirements be met:
- Associate degree or diploma in nursing from an approved nursing program
- Current, unrestricted license to practice as a registered nurse in North Carolina (International applicants must validate credentials with the Commission of Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools before applying for RN licensure.) or an NCSBN-compact state
- Minimum requirements as specified in the current undergraduate catalog
- Minimum overall grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Grade of C or higher in all mathematics and science courses
- Satisfactory completion of prerequisite general education and cognate courses
Admission determination is based on the admission ranking system. The admission ranking formula can be downloaded here.
Prospective students should submit an application to the University Admissions Office and to the College of Nursing.
- Application forms, official transcripts, and questions regarding admission to the university should be directed to:
East Carolina University
106 Whichard Building
Greenville, NC 27858-4353
East Carolina University admissions procedures, including an online application, are located at ECU Admissions. The admission process may take several months, so the process should be initiated early. Students cannot be admitted to the RN to BSN option without admission to the university.
- Application form(s) to be submitted to the College of Nursing are located here.
Completed applications must be received by March 1 for admission in Fall semester and October 1 for admission in Spring semester. RN to BSN students may not begin classes in the summer.