Student Development and Counseling Center
Helping our students obtain academic and personal success is what drives everything we do at the Student Development and Counseling Center (SDCC). We work to remove any obstacles that are between nursing students and their academic goals. Distance and in-person counseling services are available to all ECU nursing students.
How We Can Help
- Academic and Personal Counseling
- Crisis Intervention & Prevention
- Student Success & Wellness Workshops
- Test-taking analysis to help with testing skills and anxiety
- Coping Skills Training (in areas such as time and stress management)
- Peer-to-peer tutoring and mentoring
- Referral to Campus and Community Resources
- Faculty and Staff Consultation
2145 Health Sciences Building
8 a.m.- 5 p.m., Monday-Friday year-round. Please refer to the university academic calendar as our office is closed when the university is closed.
If you are experiencing a crisis or personal emergency outside of our normal business hours, contact ECU Center for Counseling and Development After Hours Emergency and Crisis Services.You also may contact the National Suicide Hotline at 1-800-273-8255, Mobile Crisis at 1-866-437-1821 OR use their chat feature at the top of their webpage.
“Dr. Tyson was very professional and helpful in our session. We talked for about an hour and she gave me some very good insight in trying to help me out with my issues.”
“Kari was wonderful to work with. I felt very comfortable speaking with her. She gave me tools to help empower me to take control of my anxieties.”
“The counseling center helped me tremendously! I felt like I was able to express my feelings without judgment and was very comfortable with the staff.”