RN/BSN Admission Requirements
Admission to the RN to BSN option requires that the following university and College of Nursing requirements be met:
- Associate degree or diploma in nursing from an accredited educational institution.
- Current, unrestricted license to practice as a registered nurse in North Carolina or in a NCSBON-Compact State. International applicants must validate their credentials with the Commission of Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools before applying for RN licensure.
- Students must reside in and, if employed, practice in a North Carolina or an NCSBON-compact state while enrolled in the program.
- Minimum requirements as specified in the current undergraduate catalog
- Minimum overall grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Grade of “C” or higher in all mathematics and science courses
- Satisfactory completion of prerequisite general education and cognate courses
**RIBN and aRIBN students who are successful at their respective community colleges will be directly admitted to the ECU College of Nursing RN/BSN option at the prescribed point in their RIBN curriculum.**